Facebook Live (beta*)
Last updated 10/5/2020
NOTE: There is a new issue with Facebook. Here is what you have to do every time now, assuming all other settings are correct:
- Tap Green Start button
- Tap the "Use a Persistent Stream Key" to check it. (have to do this every time but still uses the same key so no need to re-enter in settings)
- Tap Start Preview and wait for the blue Go Live button to turn on.
Steps to get Facebook Live working:
- Make sure you have reset your advanced Facebook Settings: Settings > Live Streaming Settings > Advanced > Reset Values (NOTE: A Facebook Live account must be selected for "Selected Account"). You should now see the following for user agent:
--> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0
- Make sure your Stream Link and Stream Key are set correctly. You can get those values from here: https://www.facebook.com/live/producer/
Make sure "Use a Persistent Stream Key" is checked, otherwise this will not work.
- Now tap the start button, log in, and then tap the "Create Live Stream" button. May have to pinch out to get the full screen to see this button. NOTE: If already logged in you might be at the screen to start live streaming.
- Make sure the "Use Stream Key" is selected under the "Get Started" area on the Facebook page. (swipe left to scroll the page)
- Again, make sure "Use a Persistent Stream Key" is checked, otherwise this will not work.
- Orientate your device (landscape or horizontal) and then Tap "Start Preview" at top left of screen. If "Starting Preview" overlay doesn't disappear after a few seconds, your stream key or link settings are not correct.
- Tap the blue "Go Live" button. It will take a few seconds but you should see a red "End Live Video" button. You are now LIVE.
- Tap the "Done" button on the top right.
* Facebook Live is in perpetual beta due to the fact that Facebook refuses to allow developers an easy way to Live Stream from mobile devices and they will continuously try to change and break these steps. Use other streaming services is the recommended solution.